Pages

Friday 1 June 2012

Bag and purses prototypes

Using my trend research, I designed this bag and these purses. I made a paper template and used some faux leather for the outer. For my final products I want to use my designed fabric as a lining. The part I needed to practice and learn, was how to sew on the zips and in which order I needed to attach the sides. 
I thought it was important to use metal zips as it adds a better quality to the products and I think the silver colour matches the tones on my colour mood board. However, it was difficult to work with the chunky metal zip on the small purse so I might change it to a plastic one in a similar colour. I also wanted to change the zip pull so filled a shell with resin and drilled a hole to fix it onto the zip with jump rings.  
 

The bang handle I wanted to be an important feature, so I made it out of driftwood that I sourced from my trip to the beach. I then attached it to the bag using a jute rope which overall I think works very well to show my beachcomber theme. For my final product, I want the bag to retain it's shape so I might add a cardboard insert or iron on interfacing. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment