Pages

Monday 25 June 2012

A tote bag

I decided to make a tote bag as I thought it would be a good way of showing off my digital print and also I had made one before, so I had a good idea of the process. However, I made a prototype out of calico and included the lining this time, to make sure I knew what I was doing and that my pattern worked.
To make the bag a bit more special, I decided to add sides and a bottom, long handle and a back panel all made from black leather. I also added a black lining made from the same coat the leather came from.
To make my bags look more professional, I made some label with my company name on them. This was done by printing the name onto T-shirt transfer paper and then ironing onto a ribbon. I think this worked very well and keeps the cost of having labels printed down, while I am starting my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment