Pages

Friday 1 June 2012

That's my idea!

During my research, I came across the spring/summer 2012 collections for Chanel and Versace. I don't know how they managed to find out about my idea, but these fashion houses have produced collections based on shells and underwater images!

 Versace have used a number of beautiful prints featuring shells, sea-life and mermaids! They have also made use of shell shape as embellishments and jewellery as I saw in my initial research. I really like these prints and I'd like to do something similar as I think scarves would look really good in a full print and also a bag lined with a colourful print would be fun.


I love these Chanel bags. they are so inventive and really show what can be achieved with some experimentation. My favourite is the seaweed bag, I like the muted colours and the textures. Although I like these ideas, if I were to make something similar, I would want it to be a bit more practical that people would buy because they can see themselves using it as an everyday item.

No comments:

Post a Comment