Pages

Monday 25 June 2012

End of year show

I didn't know how much space I would be allowed for my end of year show, but I had a rough idea of how I wanted to present my products and brought along some props to help set the scene. Using the mannequin helped to show people the scale of the big bag as well as showing it off as a feature piece. It also showed how to wear the scarves and how well they went together. I kept my colour palette to blues to enforce my theme of the beach, my products also showed up well against it.
The small section in the middle was for my purses and I used my props here to get them noticed. Surrounding my smaller products with shells, driftwood, sea pebbles and seaweed made my stand look more interesting and added some different colours and textures. It was also a good place to put my business cards (I put them inside a large shell) which I printed onto brown card to keep to the natural theme and also because I thought they would be different to everyone elses.
I think my end of year show was successful as people gave good feedback such as they were products you would buy in a shop. After completing this project, I feel that I know which direction I am going in and it has given me a lot of confidence in my products. I would like to continue making bags and purses using a mixture of fabrics and my designs and try selling them online and at craft fairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment