Pages

Friday 1 June 2012

Inspirational images

To start my project I gathered some photos and magazine cut outs of products that had a similar theme of shells and stuck them into my PPJ work book.
This page shows how initially I did a simple search for products featuring shells. It proves that it is a versatile theme that can be applied to clothes, accessories and home ware. I like the prints and the use of shells as embellishments and as a shape for 3D objects.

Although these photocopied images don't show my theme directly, to me they invoke the frills and ruffles of shells. I could use these fabric manipulation techniques in my own products to add some surface decoration without having to make a print or drawing.

I love the print image on this dress. It reminds me of a rock pool, and I think it would be quite easy to replicate using batik dyes and randomly dropping it onto fabric so that the colours bleed together. I also like the textures of the group of fabrics on the right. I could use a similar mix of chunky and fine fabrics to add some contrast and interest to my products.




No comments:

Post a Comment