Pages

Monday 25 June 2012

Starting to make my final products

The first product I decided to make was the box bag with driftwood handles. From my prototype, I had pretty much found out what order to sew up the outside pieces in and didn't think it would take me that long. I wanted to use the silk that I had digitally printed onto to line the bag, and a brown leather coat to make the outer. However, I didn't consider the fact that my prototype didn't have a lining! It is really tricky trying to plan out a 3D model in your head of a bag and deciding how and where to sew a lining so that it can be turned right way out to hide the seams. I needed help with this and asked my tutor and the sewing technician who guided me through the process. After I had made another prototype (with a lining this time!) I was ready o tackle my final product. It took a while but I got it in the end. I also decided to add a pocket to the lining piece as all good bags have pockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment