Pages

Friday 1 June 2012

Sweater scarf

 I found a blue woolen cradigan with aran type cabling from a second-hand shop. I then started to manipulate it into a sweater scarf shape by cutting off one of the arms, picking up the stitches and knitting the hole back together. I used a light blue wool because it is a good contrast and I think it helps to enhance the beachcomber theme.

Using a mannequin I started to shape the cardigan, pinning up sections and knitting together or stitching them. I left the second arm on and cut a hole near to the opening. I then knitted the opening closed and knitted on a piece from the cut off arm to create a little purse.

I like the idea of the sweater scarf but I think I need to refine my execution of the techniques I used to make it a neater product. The good thing about these scarves is that each one will be individual because each starting jumper will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment